- My Account
- Books, Movies, & Music
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Library Education Services
Need a test proctored for online or other education? More information about that here.
Our Youth Services department offers many educational programs and opportunities for kids and teens, as well.
We offer an assortment of research databases for your own independent study or class research project.
Custom Collections Service
Muncie Public Library offers a special collection service for preschool, elementary or home-school teachers, as well as parents. Librarians prepare thematic or pleasure reading collections for pick-up at the location of your choice. This service allows teachers or parents to supplement their classroom, school or home collections with great resources from MPL!
Guidelines to remember when planning your collection:
Collections are limited to juvenile books, kits, juvenile audiobooks and juvenile educational videos/DVDs.
A minimum of one week notice is required.
Pick-up from Kennedy or Maring-Hunt Library.
Materials can be renewed in person, by phone, or by using the online catalog.
No fines for overdue materials are charged if the materials are checked out with a Muncie Public Library teacher's card. Teacher's cards are available to preschool, Head Start, Day Care, elementary and secondary school teachers who teach in the Library service area.
You will be charged for lost or badly damaged materials and teachers may lose their teacher card privileges if materials are not returned or replacement payment is not made.
To qualify for a teacher's card, teachers must teach within Center Township. Proof of employment is required of those employed by a school or child care agency.
Interested in taking advantage of this great service? Call the Youth Services Department at Maring-Hunt Library 741-5151 or Kennedy Library 741-7333.
Book Club Kits
Need reading material for a crowd? Our book club kits are a great way for homeschoolers, teachers, and other groups to facilitate discussion about literature with kids and teens.
Each book club kit comes ready-packed in a bookbag and generally contains:
- 8 copies of book title
- Teacher guide to the literature
We also have science kits available--these kits focus on topics of science and contain hands-on activities to go along with the readings. Look below to browse our selection of titles!
J Fiction Book Club Kits
Crispin: the Cross of Lead by Avi
Chasing Vermeer by Blue Balliett
Fudge-a-mania by Judy Blume
Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume
Ramona and Her Father by Beverly Cleary
Frindle by Andrew Clements
Sahara Special by Esme Raji Codell
Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech
The Watsons Go to Birmingham--1963: A Novel by Christopher Paul Curtis
The Ballad of Lucy Whipple by Karen Cushman
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
Matilda by Roald Dahl
The Tale of Despereaux: Being the Story of a Mouse, a Princess, Some Soup... by Kate DiCamillo
Joey Pigza Swallowed the Key by Jack Gantos
My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George
Pictures of Hollis Woods by Patricia Reilly Giff
My Louisiana Sky by Kimberly Willis Holt
Every-thing on a Waffle by Polly Horvath
From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E. L. Konigsburg
The Giver by Lois Lowry
Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
A Corner of the Universe by Ann M. Martin
Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling
Esperanza Rising by Pam Munoz Ryan
Holes by Louis Sachar
Stuart Little by E. B. White
Charlotte's Web by E. B. White
Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
YA Fiction Book Club Kits
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson
Squashed by Joan Bauer
Fair-weather Friends by ReShonda Tate Billingsley
Harsh Pink: Color Me Burned by Melody Carlson
Al Capone Does My Shirts by Gennifer Choldenko
A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly
The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau
Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix
Downriver by Will Hobbs
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Fairest by Gail Carson Levine
Eragon by Christopher Paolini
Science kits are geared towards K-5 students and contain books as well as activities about various science topics. These kits are currently available at Maring-Hunt and Kennedy library branches.
Bridging the Gap
Build your own structures as you learn about the science behind bridges! Kids who love legos and blocks will flip for this kit.
I Can't Believe My Eyes
Want to instill a love of science in your creative child? Check out the 'I Can't Believe My Eyes' kit, which teaches about the art and science that make optical illusions trick your eyes.
Explore the science of magnetic poles and fields while playing with magnets at home.
Preschool & K-12 School Information
Pre-school/Early Childhood Education
High-quality Pre-school & Day Care Finder (Paths to Quality)
Q&A: Why is Early Childhood Education important for prosperity?
St. Lawrence School (K-8)
St. Mary School (K-8)
Online K-12 Education
Tutoring & Community Centers
General Homework and Study Help
- Askrose.org If you're struggling with math and science, then check out Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology's Homework Hotline! The hotline provides FREE math and science help to Indiana student grades 6- 12. All you have to do is call 1-877-ASK-ROSE from 7pm-10pm, Sunday-Thursday, to get connected with a tutor.
- Purdue's Online Writing Lab - Get advice on research papers and just about anything else you might have to write (especially those bibliographies.)
- High School Ace - Interactive study quizzes for High School subjects,
- Writing Research Papers-MLA, APA, Chicago...what's the difference? You'll need to know when writing a research paper. This link to the Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL) can help.
- Studystack.com -Online flashcards for memorization.
- CollegeBoard's SAT site is enormously helpful for SAT prep: they offer practice tests, testing locations, and online registeration options.
- Testing & Educational Resource Center (TERC) provides study guides and quizzes for a wide variety of academic and certification exams.
- StudyPoint offers a number of FREE tools and services online including a new Practice Test Scoring Tool which gives students an in depth diagnostic breakdown of practice ACT & SAT exams. Many students find this tool helpful when deciding if the ACT or SAT is better suited for their admissions testing. offers online SAT and ACT prep tests.
- Driving-Tests.org offers tons of practice tests for Indiana Driver's Tests--including learner's permits, standard driver's license tests, and CDL tests--along with an FAQ about applying for a driver's license in Indiana.