Material Request Guidelines
- A valid Library card is required.
- A valid email address is required--please note that if no e-mail address is given, we will be unable to contact you with the status of your request.
- There is a maximum of four requests per month per person.
- If MPL owns a title in one format, they will not purchase it in a second format.
Interlibrary Loan Guidelines
- Interlibrary loan requests usually take 4 to 6 weeks to arrive.
- To renew an interlibrary loan item, call 747.8214 at least 7 days before the due date.
- PLAC card holders should contact their home libraries for interlibrary loan requests.
Due to our participation in the Interlibrary Loan Network it is often possible to obtain materials from other libraries. It usually takes 4 to 6 weeks for requested items to arrive. We are not able to Interlibrary Loan items less than six months old.
- Interlibrary Loan is available to all adult MPL cardholders with the exception of PLAC card holders and Yorktown Reciprocal Borrowers. PLAC and Yorktown borrowers will be asked to contact their respective home libraries for Interlibrary Loan requests.
- There is a maximum limit of four active Interlibrary Loan requests per card holder.
- The customer is responsible for keeping their card in good standing. A $2.00 per item charge will be assessed for materials not picked up. If you find an item is no longer needed, please notify the Interlibrary Loan Desk at 747.8214 immediately and your request will be cancelled at no charge.You must call before the material arrives at Muncie Public Library.
- A fee of .25 cents a day per item is charged for materials returned after the due date. This date is found on the Interlibrary Loan strap around the front cover of the material.
- To request a renewal, call the Interlibrary Loan Desk at 747.8214. You must request a renewal at least FOUR DAYS PRIOR TO THE DUE DATE.
Other questions? Feel free to call the Interlibrary Loan Desk at 747.8214 or click "Search other Indiana Libraries" to the left.
Step 1: Check the Muncie Public Library catalog.
Not there? Go to Step 2.
If Published in the Last Year: Fill out this form to request the library consider buying it.
If Published in a Previous Year: Try requesting it from another Indiana library in SRCS, Indiana's Statewide Remote Circulation System.
(You will need to log in using your Library card number and PIN)
Not there either? Go to Step 3.