Library Card Design Contest
Item request has been placed!
Item request cannot be made.
• Open to all ages within the Muncie community.
• All art types are accepted! This includes and is not limited to: drawings, photography, or graphic design.
• Artwork must be original and free of copyright restrictions.
• Limit two entries per person. Do not include your name in the artwork.
• If the winning design does not include the MPL logo, MPL may amend the image to include the logo.
• Digital designs must be high resolution, maximum of 1GB, horizontal or 4:3, and in one of the following formats: .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .pdf, .tif, .tiff.
• Upon submission, you grant Muncie Public Library all rights to the artwork and consent that all artwork may be displayed, amended, and/or reproduced without limitation and without compensation.
• For physical submissions, use the template available at any MPL location.
• For digital submissions, click the link on this page.
The current card features the iconic Appeal to the Great Spirit statue.
What do you think represents the Muncie community, the MPL system, reading, books, technology, community engagement, or other concept? Is it an architectural detail on one of the MPL branch buildings? Is it a parent or caregiver reading to a child? Or a group of students engaged in learning? We are excited to see your ideas and your designs!
A committee of MPL employees and Board of Trustees members will evaluate all submissions based on appearance, concept, creativity, representation of the Muncie community and/or Muncie Public Library, and the design’s ability to be replicated as a library card.
The committee will select the top three designs and these will be presented to the community for voting. The winning design will become the image of the new MPL library card!