- My Account
- About Us
- Books, Movies, & Music
- Contact Us
Can't Find It?
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Can't Find It? What would you like to do?
I either want to make a Purchase Request or have Interlibrary Loan staff find it from libraries across the USA.
Choose "Purchase Request & Interlibrary Loan Form."
Need help deciding?
- If you want Library staff to purchase an item for the library, use the Materials Request Form.
- If you want the Interlibrary Loan Department to find an item from libraries all over the USA, use the Materials Request Form.
- For more information, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions, click on the "About..." tabs on this page.
General Guidelines for All Requests
- A valid adult library card in good standing is required for requests. Those with PLAC cards and Yorktown Reciprocal Borrower cards should contact their home libraries for requests.
- A valid email address is required for library staff to contact you with questions.
- Requests may take 4 to 6 weeks to arrive.
- If the library does not purchase the requested item, you may be able to obtain the item via Interlibrary Loan (ILL). Alternatively, you can have ILL staff search items from libraries all over the USA via the Materials Request Form.
- Arrived ILL items will be held for 7 days on the hold shelf, however, immediate pickup is recommended due to variable due dates from outside lending libraries.
- ILL items must be checked in and out via library staff. ILL items may not be checked out at self-checks or returned in book drops.
- To renew any ILL item, call 765-747-8214 at least 7 days before the due date. Due dates and renewals are determined by the lending library.
- The customer is responsible for keeping their card in good standing. There is a $1.00 charge for removed ILL stickers. A $2.00 per item charge will be assessed for ILL materials not picked up. If you find an ILL request is no longer needed, please notify the Interlibrary Loan Desk at 765-747-8214 immediately and your request may be cancelled at no charge. You must call before the material arrives at Muncie Public Library. A fee of 25 cents per day per item is charged for materials returned after the due date. This date is found on the Interlibrary Loan sticker on the front cover of the material.
Interlibrary Loan Procedures
Interlibrary Loan Procedures
Due to our participation in the Interlibrary Loan Network it is often possible to obtain materials from other libraries. It usually takes 4 to 6 weeks for requested items to arrive. We are not able to Interlibrary Loan items less than six months old.
- Interlibrary Loan is available to all adult MPL cardholders with the exception of PLAC card holders and Yorktown Reciprocal Borrowers. PLAC and Yorktown borrowers will be asked to contact their respective home libraries for Interlibrary Loan requests.
- There is a maximum limit of four active Interlibrary Loan requests per card holder.
- The customer is responsible for keeping their card in good standing. A $2.00 per item charge will be assessed for materials not picked up. If you find an item is no longer needed, please notify the Interlibrary Loan Desk at 747.8214 immediately and your request will be cancelled at no charge.You must call before the material arrives at Muncie Public Library.
- A fee of .25 cents a day per item is charged for materials returned after the due date. This date is found on the Interlibrary Loan strap around the front cover of the material.
- To request a renewal, call the Interlibrary Loan Desk at 747.8214. You must request a renewal at least FOUR DAYS PRIOR TO THE DUE DATE.
Other questions? Feel free to call the Interlibrary Loan Desk at 747.8214.