- My Account
- About Us
- Books, Movies, & Music
- Contact Us
Get a Library Card
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
In order to receive a library card you must agree to the following terms:
- Be 18 years of age or older and a resident of the Muncie Public Library service area or a property owner within the service area.
- Note: If you are uncertain whether you are a resident of the Muncie Public Library Service area, or a property owner within the service area, please check at the circulation desk or call 747-8200 for more information.
- Agree to all Muncie Public Library Borrowing Guidelines and Policies
- Pay all fees assessed to my card and to notify the library of any changes to my name, address or phone number.
- Report it immediately if my card is lost or stolen.
- Accept full responsibility for all materials borrowed on my card.
- Accept that Inter-library Loan requests will not be filled until a permanent card is issued to me.
To get a library card, an applicant must show a current government or school issued photo I.D. card. If the applicant’s current address is not on the I.D. card, a supplemental proof of residency will be required.
An applicant can show one of the following as a supplemental proof of residency:
- Business mail (in the applicant’s name, postmarked in the last 30 days)
- Bank checks or book (in the applicant’s name, address listed, machine printed)
- Dorm Residency Confirmation (must show printout or confirm directly via website)
- Muncie Housing Authority I.D. card (issued within the last 12 months)
- Vehicle registration (issued within the last 12 months)
- Voter registration card (issued within the last 12 months)
- Referral letter from a Social Shelter (letter issued by shelter in the last 6 months)
The following will also be required if the applicant is a minor:
- The parent/guardian and minor must both be present when the library card is issued.
- A birth certificate or social security card needs to be presented for the minor.
- The parent or guardian will need to provide a photo I.D. card. If the current address is not on the I.D., a supplemental proof of residency will be required.
- The parent or guardian must have an active MPL card in good standing to sign for a minor.