Get a Library Card
In order to receive a library card you must agree to the following terms:
I understand that in order to register online, I must:
- Be 18 years of age or older and a resident of the Muncie Public Library service area or a property owner within the service area.
- Note: If you are uncertain whether you are a resident of the Muncie Public Library Service area, or a property owner within the service area, please check at the circulation desk or call 747-8200 for more information.
- Agree to all Muncie Public Library Borrowing Guidelines and Policies
- Pay all fees assessed to my card and to notify the library of any changes to my name, address or phone number.
- Report it immediately if my card is lost or stolen.
- Accept full responsibility for all materials borrowed on my card.
- Accept that Inter-library Loan requests will not be filled until a permanent card is issued to me.
I understand that:
- This online registration is temporary, and that I must come to a physical library location within 14 days to finish the registration process.
I understand that when I come to the library to complete my registration,
I will need to bring one of the following ID items with me:
- Bank Checks/book with current home address machine printed on it
- Valid Indiana beginner's permit
- Valid Indiana driver's license
- Valid Indiana state ID
- Muncie Housing Authority ID Issued in the Last 12 months
- Vehicle registration from current year
- Voter registration card issued within the last 12 months
- Business mail with current home address machine printed on it (postmarked within the last 30 days)
- For those owning property in the covered area, the most recent paid receipt for the property with its address and tax ID number
By continuing to the registration page, I signify that I understand all of the terms listed above, and agree to all Borrowing Guidelines and Policies.