At Muncie Public Library, there is no limit to the adventures and stories you and your child can choose together. Have questions? Contact us at 765.741.5150 (Maring-Hunt) or 765.747.8215 (Kennedy) and let us know!
What's coming up at MPL?
Summer Reading is here again! Keep your kids reading throughout the summer months with this FREE program, which runs from June 1-July 31 and rewards reading with fun prizes. Here's how it works:
1. Bring your children (aged 0 - graduating high school seniors are eligible for the youth summer reading program) to the Children's Desk at Kennedy, Maring-Hunt, or Connection Corner libraries and ask to register for summer reading. After registering, each child will receive a reading log where they can keep track of their hours spent reading.
2. As your children read, make sure to have them mark down their time on the log. Remember, reading can be any type of reading--from eBooks to magazines to traditional print novels. After they read for a certain amount of hours, they'll be eligible for fun prizes, like toys, books, and free food vouchers (the number of hours needed to reach any given prize vary by age group.)
3. Once your child has completed the log, they can bring back their completed sheet to enter our end-of-summer raffle and have a chance to win our mega-goody basket.
Remember, while you need a library card if you want to check out materials, you DON'T need a library card to participate in the program, or to attend any of our summer reading programs or events. Want more info on summer reading? Call 765-741-7333 or 765-741-5151 to reach Children's/Teen Services.
Speaking of programs, this year's summer reading theme is "Every Hero Has A Story," and to celebrate, we've got lots of fun superhero-themed programs lined up. Check out our kids calendar for more information on programs for kids aged 0-12 and our teen calendar for teens aged 12-18.
Regular Storytime Schedule
- German Storytime (for ages 6 months to 5 years) 10:30am @ Maring-Hunt Branch
- Maker Mondays (for ages 10 years and older) 4:30pm @ Maring-Hunt Branch
- Reading Music Reading Words (for ages 3-5 years) 10:30am @ Maring-Hunt Branch
- Tech Tuesdays (for ages 10 yrs and older) 4:30pm @ Maring-Hunt
- Toddler Time (for ages 18-36 months) 10:30am @ Maring-Hunt Branch
- Preschool Pals (for ages 3-5 years) 10:30am @ Kennedy Branch
- Game Time (1st Wednesday of Every Month. All Ages Welcome) 4pm @ Kennedy Branch
- Wild & Wacky Science (2nd Thursday of Every Month. Ages K-3rd Grade) 4pm @ Kennedy Branch
- Ready to Read (for ages 18-36 months) 11:15am @ Kennedy Branch
- Tiny Tots (for ages 6-24 months) 10:30am @ Maring-Hunt
- Preschool Pals (for ages 3-5 years) 10:30am @ Kennedy
- Game Day (1st Saturday of Every Month. All Ages Welcome) 1-5pm @ Kennedy
We also have lots of special programs going on every month! For more info, check out our calendar.
* Cat Power!
* Chicken Joe
* Dogs Rule!
* I Got Two Dogs
* I'm a Manatee
* Lu and the Swamp Ghost
* Rhinoceros Tap
* Skippyjon Jones and the Big Bones
* Skippyjon Jones Cirque De Ole
* Skippyjon Jones in Mummy Trouble
* The Best that I can Be
* The Composer is Dead
* The Story of the Orchestra
* Waking Up is Hard to Do
* Never Play Music Right Next to the Zoo
* Doc McStuffins: Doctoring the Doc
* The Little Mermaid
* Tangled Ever After
* Tinker Bell: The Secret of the Wings
* Tinker Bell and the Pirate Fairy
* Toy Story
* The Lion King
* Sofia the First: Once Upon A Princess
* The Neverland Pirates: Jakes Saves Bucky
* Lady and the Tramp
* Finding Nemo
* Marsupial Sue
* It's Me!
* Ellison the Elephant
* Nana's Bible Stories
* Puff the Magic Dragon
* The Carnival of Animals
* The Tree that Time Built (Poetry)